Final Grey Panthers Workshop.
In 2018, Tracks Dance is celebrating 30 years of the Grey Panther's dance troupe. To do so we have created a 2018 calendar with memorable photos over the past thirty years.
A unique Northern Territory dance troupe, with participants predominantly over the age of 60. The Grey Panthers are ‘successful’, ‘productive’, ‘healthy’ and ‘positive’ role models for active ageing and life long learning. The group sets high expectations for themselves and constantly rise above them, enjoying their lives and living them to the fullest. Anything but flighty, this amazing group show us what happens when you commit to long term extended relationships and links into your community.
Tracks has a long term relationship with the Grey Panthers, begun in 1988 and continuing to the present. The Grey Panthers have made a major contribution to the company’s body of work. They explore what it means to part of the Aging Australian population and the role of the elder in contemporary Northern Territory Life.
Join us at our Annual Tracks Fun-raiser @ Deckchair Cinema, 8th October 2017 to purchase your very own copy of the 2018 Calendar or contact us at the Tracks Office.
Read more about The Grey Panthers.
Tracks Dance Company is calling for applications to our Studio Residency Program, 'Space Time', which offers the Tracks studio free of charge, to foster contemporary choreographic development in the Northern Territory. This program is open to all NT dance artists, as well as interstate artists who can clearly demonstrate benefits to the NT dance community in their application.
Space Time is an opportunity for artists to engage in open research or creative development projects, with a vision to strengthen the NT independent dance community by providing access to rehearsal space, time, and the support structures of a well-established dance company.
Tracks also hosts visiting dance artists who have a strong connection to the company.
Residencies are held from November-March. Please read the Space Time Guidelines and Selection Criteria before applying.
Applications for the 2017/2018 residency program are open. Apply here.
Applications will be assessed on receipt. Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application within 10 business days from the date of submission.
Find out about the 2016/2017 residents here.
The rehearsal space is housed in the premises tenanted by Tracks Dance Company in the Frog Hollow Centre for the Arts, located at 56 McMinn Street, Darwin 0800.
12m x 6m sprung timber floor
Fans & air-conditioning
High quality sound system
External toilets, showers and change room
Television, DVD and Video player can be made available for use (on request)
Off street parking available (best access off McMinn Street)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Hire conditions:
$30 per hour
Please note: The studio is charged in hourly blocks i.e. if you book for 1.5 hours, you will be billed for 2 hours.
All payments to be made prior to using the studio. Electronic payments preferred (Please note Tracks does not have Credit Card or Eftpos facilities).
Cancellation needs to be made at least 1 business day prior to the booking. Failure to do so will incur full charge of studio booking fee.
2. Tracks is not liable for any injuries sustained during the hire period.
3. Shoes with hard heels are not to be worn to protect the floor.
4. No food or drink is to be consumed in the studio.
5. If any breakages or damage occurs during the hire period (e.g. sound system, barres on the wall, mirrors etc) you will be billed for the damage. Please notify Tracks immediately of any breakages.
6. If the space is left in an unclean state, a cleaning fee will be charged ($30 per hour).
7. The space must be left properly secured, all doors and windows shut and locked and the fans, lights and air conditioner turned off and the sound system switched off at the wall.
8. Please ensure toilet key is always returned to the studio. If you lose the key you will be responsible for paying the costs of getting new keys cut. This is costly, as locks need to be changed and new copies given to all tenants of Frog Hollow.
9. Please contact the office at least 1 week prior to your hire date to organise access codes and instructions on the use of keypad, stereo etc. Tracks' office hours are Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
10. In the event of Darwin being placed on a cyclone warning our policy that all studio hire is cancelled until the warning status is lifted. Refunds or credit of the hire fee will be arranged in such cases.
Please complete this form (click the link above), then contact Tracks Dance office on firstname.lastname@example.org or 08 8941 1410 to confirm availability and arrange payment and key collection.
Congratulations and a warm welcome to the 2017 Choreographic Program participants! This wonderful group of individuals has already begun workshop sessions, showing plenty of energy, curiosity, teamwork and creativity. We are excited to watch them explore new ideas and ways of moving, and make many choreographic discoveries over the course of the program.
Welcome to Anokai Lancaster, Cassandra Wallace, Haylen Duncan, Kira Witte, Virginia Spicer-Harden, Sheila Rose and Tara Schmidt.
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to support these seven emerging choreographic voices! A public showing of their work will be held on November 18-19.
Are you interested in being part of the Tracks Choreographic Program in 2018?
Entry to the program is by application. Contact Tracks if you’d like to know more about the Choreographic Program 2018 and we will keep you up to date on application deadlines.
In September of this year, Tim got to visit fLiNG Physical Theatre in Bega NSW.
In a one-week residency, Tim worked alongside and mentored Rob McCredie, Flings Co Artistic Director in design development and experimentation. The residency was supported through Regional Arts Fund.
"Rob and I meet each other at a friends (Nick Power) wedding several years back. We clicked straight away talking passionately about our love of working with fabric and dance. Rob throughout his dance training often found himself sitting behind a sewing machine making amazing patch work quilts, I entered the dance world as a visual artist know for my work in fabric. It's been great for us to come together professionally, to not only create a wild and whimsical fabric creation but to also share notes about work in regional Australia” Tim Newth - Tracks Artistic Co Director.
Final Grey Panthers Workshop.