Tracks Inc is committed to preserving your privacy according to the National Privacy Principles (Extracted from the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000). More information on the Privacy Principles can be found at www.privacy.gov.au/publications/npps01.html
This Privacy Statement reflects our firm commitment to you. It sets out our policies in relation to the way we collect and handle personal information.
How we collect and use information
We collect personal information from or about you in a variety of circumstances. For example, when you:
- apply for membership with us
- buy a ticket for a performance we have produced
- perform with us
- request information from us
- make a donation to us.
We collect and store contact details from you so that we can:
- get in contact with you, or
- send you promotion about our upcoming productions, or
- send you information which you have requested.
We also collect information about your preferences and other demographic and profile data, so that we can tailor the information to use it for internal management purposes, or provide it to Government in performance management reports, to our sponsors and our supporters on an aggregated basis (that is, without identifying any individual).
We do not collect any information about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions or membership, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade association or union membership, sexual preferences or criminal record, unless:
- you have given us consent to do so, or
- where we are required by law to do so, or
- it is necessary to prevent a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of a person, or
- it is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim.
Other use and disclosure of information
Treatment as confidential information:
We treat the personal information that we collect from you in the same way that we treat our other confidential information. All confidential information is kept in a secure file with access limited to the General Manager, Tracks Inc, and other staff as appropriate (eg. Production Manager, in order to ensure venue safety for performers and technical staff).
- We will not sell the information that we collect about you to anyone.
- We will not disclose the information which we collect about you to a third party.
- Your right to access and correct information
- Integrity of information
- We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information, which we collect and use is accurate, complete and up to date.
Your right of access
You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you. If the information we hold about you is not accurate, complete and up to date, you can ask us to modify our records. You can make a request to access the information we keep about you in writing to our Policy Officer:
GPO Box 823
Darwin NT 0801